All irrigation systems no matter where they are for commercial landscapes, athletic fields, golf courses or other applications require a design. The design is the fundamental building block for whether the system will meet the needs of the project. Designs are typically provided by:
- Professional Independent Irrigation Designers
- Irrigation Material Distributors or Manufacturers
A Professional Independent Irrigation Designer is a specialist who:
- Performs impartially in the best interest of the CLIENT since he has no proprietary interest in the products that he specifies. A distributor or installer could design the system to be the least expensive in order to gain sales rather than design a system that meets the long-term needs of the client so that all suppliers can bid fairly insuring the right system at the best price.
- Assists the CLIENT in system evaluation, design standards, justification, budget development, coordinates with the architect and can assist in implementation.
- Provide years of experience and training
- Provides efficient irrigation design and planning to develop accurate long-range plans, budget amounts, designs and specifications to meet the needs of the CLIENT.
- Generates professional design based on the site requirements, agronomic needs, maintenance practices and economic efficiency.
- Ensures a competitive and fair bid that will give the CLIENT a choice of products to fulfill his needs. If plans are provided by multiple suppliers or distributors or installers then it is very difficult to compare the various and different plans. Also, inaccurate quantities could be provided in order to gain the sale.
- Can provides Professional Design Liability Insurance.
- Can adapt to budgetary constraints and still design a system with integrity and expandability.
- Provides field layout and construction administration to protect the CLIENT’S investment by ensuring the system and materials are installed as designed and specified.
- Prepares exact records of installed equipment to ensure accuracy and track the installation budget. (GPS/CAD generated as-staked/built drawings).
- Monitors and inspects irrigation installation for Quality Assurance to ensure the supplier and contractor are installing the system as designed, specified and bid.
All these factors are keys to a long-lasting and efficient system. Independent ensure that you realize the maximum return on the significant investment in your new system. Independent designs are not expensive, especially when compared to the size of the investment. Your investment that is a minimal percentage of the total irrigation project cost will ensure the quality you must have when the job is complete. The savings in a competitive bid, time, long-term efficiency and extended life of the system will more than offset the cost of these services.